Lundy House Extension Design by Chad Oppenheim and Derek Skalko. The remodel of the Victor Lundy house offers a case study in creative collaboration as two incredible talents in
architecture take on the challenge of updating and expanding the home while honoring and celebrating its past.
- The completed home will comprise approximately 10,099 square feet,
including a 502 square foot two-car heated garage.
- The approximately 725 square foot private sunken garden brings nature
and light to the entertainment area and guest rooms on the lower level,
accessed by walk out doors from all lower level spaces.
- The home will be unique to the West-End in that it will be 100% truly modern
architecture, rather than a typical mixture of Victorian elements
combined with modern additions.
- Situated on a corner lot, with atypically deep (30 feet) roadway setbacks,
the property benefits from expansive landscape areas offering privacy from
neighbors, and the location provides an experience of a much larger property.
- 5 large bedroom suites, 6 full baths, plus 2 half baths.
- Great room of approximately 43 feet by 43 feet, with impressive ceiling heights
of approximately 20 feet, containing a unique 23 foot wide by 20 foot tall fireplace.
The balance of the above-grade and sub-grade spaces benefit from generous
ceiling heights ranging from 10.5 to 13 feet.
- Lift and slide doors allow for the home to completely open to the exterior
for a true indoor/outdoor experience.
- Direct access to four specific outdoor yard areas: central exterior lounge
adjacent to great room; intimate north dining terrace; sunken garden serving
sub-grade spaces; and secluded roof lounge complete with bar and spa.
- Generous skylight systems throughout, providing an indirect wash of
natural light throughout the above-grade spaces and most sub-grade spaces.
- Very generous room sizes and entertaining areas, rare for in-town living.
- Expansive master suite, with private office area, sensuous master
bath including free-standing tub, oversized shower, and his/her separate
commode rooms and dressing areas.
- Most of the sub-grade spaces walk out to a large sunken private garden,
created through unprecedented special variance approval from the city.
- An impressive roof deck lounge offering views of Triangle Park
and Aspen Mountain.
- Green roof system providing energy efficiency and harmony with
- Two private outdoor spas — one in the sunken garden, one on
the secluded roof deck.
- Four outdoor fire elements that enliven the outdoor lounge and dining areas.
- Snowmelt provided for the outdoor roof lounge and sunken garden
for year-round enjoyment.
- Snowmelt for exterior pathways and stairways.
- State of the art mechanical systems: radiant floor heating throughout;
air conditioning with separated zones for each bedroom and living spaces;
and integrated air purification and humidification.
- Fitness area with sauna/steam and changing/bath.
- Dedicated media/recreation room.
- Dedicated gaming area.
- Full service wet bars in the great room and in the recreation/gaming
areas, and serving the master suite.
- High-end plumbing fixtures by Dornbarch, Blu Bathworks, or similar.
- Rain shower and steam system in master shower, and in
sauna/bath for fitness area.
- Contemporary high-end appliances by Wolf, Sub-Zero, or similar.
- Full laundry plus secondary washer/dryer in master suite for convenience.
- State of the art direct and indirect LED lighting fixtures with
automated smart-home control system for ease of full home management.
- Engineered audio/visual wiring throughout home and media/entertaining area.
- Solar enhanced energy supply for year-round efficiencies.
- Fine European modern cabinetry and millwork with wood, lacquer,
and stainless steel finishes.
- Hardwood and/or natural stone flooring throughout all common living areas.
- Frameless glass railings.
- State of the art energy efficient window and door systems
by Point Five or similar.